½ cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
½ cup sugar
½ cup creamy peanut butter
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup half-and-half
1 cup grape jelly
1 cup strawberry jam
1 recipe Peanut Butter Icing
Garnish: quartered grapes and
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line 2 (12-well) muffin pans with liners. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an
electric mixer until fluffy. Add peanut butter, beating well. Add
eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla,
beating well. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add
to butter mixture alternately with half-and-half, beginning and
ending with flour mixture. Divide batter evenly among prepared
wells of muffin pans.
• Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean,
16 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from
pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
• Using a knife or an apple corer, make a 1/2-inch hole in the center
of each cupcake, making sure not to go through the bottom of
the cupcake, and remove section of the cake.
• Place jelly and jam in individual pastry bags fitted with a large
round tip. Pipe icing over tops of cupcakes.
• Garnish grape-jelly-filled cupcakes with grapes and strawberryjam-
filled cupcakes with strawberries, if desired.