These cookies are sure to satisfy your chocolate fix and are great with a cold glass of milk or, better yet, with a cup of hot tea.
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup sugar
2 large eggs
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
¾ cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an
electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Add vanilla, beating well. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
Add to butter mixture, beating to combine. Add chocolate morsels
and candy-coated chocolate pieces, stirring to combine.
• Place dough by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart on prepared baking
• Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Cool on pan for 10 minutes. Remove to
wire racks to cool completely.