• Preheat oven to 400°.
• Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, coconut, pecans, brown sugar and salt. Sprinkle approximately 2 tablespoons sugar mixture onto a work surface.
• Place half of pastry dough on prepared surface. Sprinkle approximately 2 tablespoons sugar mixture (Step 1). Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 10-inch square.
• Fold in opposite sides of the dough square so the sides meet in the center (Steps 2 and 3). Repeat (Steps 4,5, and 6).
• Fold half of the dough over the other lengthwise (Step 7). Cut crosswise into 1-inch slices (Step 8). Dip cut side of slices into sugar mixture (Step 9). Place pastries cut side down approximately 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets, pinching the bottom fold (Step 10). Repeat with remaining dough and remaining sugar mixture, baking in batches.
• Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.