1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 (16-ounce) package fresh egg noodles, prepared according to package directions
1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thigh pieces
1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
2 teaspoons thinly sliced garlic
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 cup thinly sliced snow peas
1/3 cup finely sliced green onion
Garnish: rehydrated mushrooms
• In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat (Step 1).
• Stick a fork into prepared noodles (Step 2), twirling fork to create a small bundle (Steps 3 and 4). Gently place noodle bundle in heated oil. Repeat with noodles until skillet is full (Step 5).
• Cook until bottoms of bundles are golden and crispy, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove noodle bundles from pan, and place on a serving platter. Repeat process with remaining noodles and 2 tablespoons oil. Set aside.
• Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to hot skillet. Add chicken, onion, and garlic. Cook until chicken pieces are done and vegetables are soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
• Add soy sauce, broth, ginger, and white pepper to chicken mixture. Cook until liquid is reduced by one-fourth and slightly thickened, approximately 6 minutes.
• Add snow peas and green onion to chicken mixture. Cook until peas are just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
• Spoon chicken mixture over each noodle bundle (Step 6). Drizzle sauce over each bundle.
• Garnish with mushrooms, if desired (Step 7).