½ cup ground pork
½ cup peeled, deveined, and finely chopped shrimp
¼ cup finely chopped green onion
2 tablespoons finely shredded carrot
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
24 wonton wrappers, cut into 2¾-inch circles
1 recipe Dumpling Dipping Sauce
• In a medium bowl, combine pork, shrimp, green onion, carrot, soy sauce, ginger, and 1 teaspoon oil until mixture is just combined. Set aside.
• Divide meat mixture among wonton-wrapper circles.
• In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Moisten the edges of each wonton wrapper with cornstarch mixture (Step 1).
• Gently fold circles in half without pressing the seams together (Step 2). Pinch the center front, and fold it down, pressing to close the sides together at the center edge (Step 3). Pinch another fold just right of the middle, pressing to seal. Pinch the last fold on the right side (Step 4).
• Repeat pinching, folding, and pressing to complete the left side (Step 5). Firmly seam the outside corners (Step 6), and slightly curve the dumpling into a crescent (Step 7).
• In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add 8 dumplings. Cook on all sides (bottom and 2 sides) until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining dumplings and oil.
• Serve dumplings hot with Dumpling Dipping Sauce, if desired.