• Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
• In a medium saucepan, combine pears, sugar, and ginger.
Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring
constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add orange zest.
• In a small bowl, combine gelatin and pear nectar. Add gelatin
mixture to pear mixture, stirring constantly until gelatin is
• Pour into prepared pan, cover, and refrigerate until set, 8
hours or overnight.
• Using a sharp knife, cut into 1-inch squares. Roll squares in
superfine sugar to coat.
*Superfine sugar can be found at most grocery stores. Or you can
pulse granulated sugar in a food processor to make it finer.