Cashew cookies, with their delightful nut surprise, are a definite crowd-pleaser.
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 cup finely chopped cashews
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 350˚.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter at medium speed
with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg, beating well. Add
vanilla extract, beating to combine. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder,
and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until
combined. Add cashews, oats, and chocolate chips, beating to
• Using a 1-inch spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough into portions.
Using hands, roll portions into balls.
• Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake until edges are
lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
• Let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool
completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.