Mini Lamb Quiches are a wonderful addition to any tea, but we suggest you try them at Easter!
Downloads:Mini Lamb Quiches
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon sugar
¾ teaspoon coarse salt, divided
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
3 tablespoons shortening
5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
4 ounces ground lamb
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
½ teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons chopped roasted red bell pepper
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 recipe Parmesan Crisps (see Download)
• In the work bowl of a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine flour, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and shortening. Pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add 3 tablespoons cream, and pulse just until dough forms a ball. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 1 hour.
• On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to ⅛-inch thickness. Using a 4-inch square cutter, cut 12 squares, rerolling dough
once if necessary. Fit the 12 squares of dough into a mini removable-bottom tart pan with 2-inch wells. Firmly press into the bottom and up the sides of each well. Refrigerate for 30minutes.
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Prick the bottom and sides of dough.
• Bake until lightly golden around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
• In a medium skillet, combine ground lamb, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until lamb is browned and crumbly. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl, and let cool for 8 minutes.
• Add remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, roasted bell pepper, remaining 2 tablespoons cream, basil, egg, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon pepper. Stir until mixture is well combined. Divide mixture evenly among tart shells.
• Bake until centers are set, 8 to 12 minutes.
• Remove from oven, and let cool slightly. Remove quiches from pan, and serve warm.
• Garnish with Parmesan Crisps, if desired.