With their unique blend of carrots, walnuts, and nutmeg, these fritters will disappear almost as quickly as you make them!
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup minced fresh chives
1/4 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 pound carrots, peeled and shredded
11/2 cups panko-style bread crumbs
3 large eggs
1 cup chopped green onion
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
12 seeded round crackers* (optional)
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine yogurt, chives, sour cream, parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir until mixture is well combined. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
• In a large bowl, combine carrots, bread crumbs, eggs, green onion, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixture comes together.
• Place a 3½-inch round biscuit cutter on prepared baking sheet. Fill the biscuit cutter three-fourths full, lightly pressing down to release any air bubbles. Carefully slide the cutter up and away from the carrot filling. Repeat process with remaining carrot mixture.
• Bake until edges of carrot fritters are golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes. Place each fritter atop a cracker, if desired. Transfer
to a serving platter.
• Top each fritter with yogurt mixture.
• Garnish with toasted walnuts, if desired. Serve immediately.