12 slices pumpernickel bread
6 (¼-inch-thick) slices Havarti cheese
12 (¼-inch-thick) slices salami
12 (¼-inch-thick) slices Roma tomatoes
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Garnish: sliced carrots and roasted red pepper
• Cut 1 (21/2-inch) square and 1 (2-inch) circle from each bread
slice. Set aside.
• Cut 2 (2-inch) circles from each cheese slice. Set aside.
• Cut 1 (2-inch) circle from each salami slice.
• Layer cheese, tomato, and salami rounds on top of each bread
round. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, zest, and juice.
Spread on one side of pumpernickel squares. Place squares,
spread side down, on top of layered rounds.
• Referring to photo, garnish with carrots and roasted red peppers,