1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry
30 (1-inch square, 1/4-inch-thick) pieces ham
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• Preheat oven to 400˚.
• Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Unroll puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll each sheet
into an 11-x-17-inch rectangle.
• Cut each sheet into 15 (3-inch) squares. Make a slit in each
corner of dough squares. Place a ham piece in center of each
• Fold alternating ends to center to make a pinwheel. Press ends
of dough together to seal. Place pinwheels on prepared baking
sheets. Set aside.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat apricot preserves in a
microwave oven in 30-second intervals until melted. Add
cayenne to preserves, stirring well. Brush mixture onto pinwheels.
• Bake until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking