¾ cup salted butter, softened
1¼ cups sugar
½ vanilla bean, scraped and seeds reserved
2 large eggs
2 cups cake flour
2½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup milk
1 recipe Vanilla-Bean Custard (see Download)
1 recipe Chocolate Ganache (see Download)
• Preheat oven to 350˚.
• Spray a (15-x-10-x-1-inch) jelly-roll pan with nonstick baking
spray. Line with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, and reserved vanilla bean
seeds. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until
fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
• In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Gradually add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning
and ending with flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared
• Bake until lightly golden, approximately 20 minutes. Cool in pan.
• Cut 16 (2-inch) cake circles, discarding scraps.
• In 8 (2-inch-wide) trifle dishes, layer half of cake, half of
Vanilla-Bean Custard, and half of Chocolate Ganache. Repeat
layers with remaining ingredients.
Pictured with Key Lime Pie Mini Trifles and Strawberry Pie Mini Trifles