1 (14.5-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
1 large egg white
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 cups Whipped Cream (see Download)
• Preheat oven to 425˚.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Unroll pie dough, and place on baking sheet.
• In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and water. Brush onto pie
dough. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
• Bake until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Cool
completely on baking sheet. Break into large pieces. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine sliced strawberries and remaining
2 tablespoons cup sugar.
• In 8 miniature trifle dishes, layer one-third of piecrust pieces,
one-third of strawberries, and half of Whipped Cream. Repeat layers.
Top with remaining strawberries and piecrust pieces.