Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Vinaigrette is a lovely addition any summer salad.
Downloads:Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Vinaigrette
1 (1-pound) package Campari tomatoes, cut in half
2 medium red bell peppers, cut in half and seeded
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1½ tablespoons minced garlic
1½ teaspoons coarse salt, divided
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1½ teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• Preheat oven to 300˚.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, bell peppers, 2 tablespoons
olive oil, garlic, and ¾ teaspoon salt. Place tomatoes and peppers,
cut side down, on prepared baking sheet.
• Roast until tomatoes break down and peppers are browned and
very tender, approximately 1½ hours.
• Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove skins from bell peppers. Discard
• In the container of a blender, purée tomatoes with pan juices,
bell peppers, vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and remaining ¾ teaspoon
• With the food processor running, slowly add remaining ½ cup
olive oil, in a thin stream, through lid opening. Continue to blend
until mixture is smooth.
• Refrigerate until needed.