• In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Beat at medium
speed with an electric mixer until pale and thick. Set aside.
• In a large saucepan, combine milk and vanilla bean. Bring milk
to a boil over medium heat. Slowly add hot milk to egg yolks,
• Return mixture to saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture
thickens and coats the back of a spoon, 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove from heat.
• Strain mixture, discarding vanilla bean. Add gelatin, stirring
until completely dissolved. Let cool to room temperature,
approximately 20 minutes.
• In a medium bowl, beat cream at medium speed with an electric
mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into eggyolk
• Refrigerate until needed.
(Pictured with Peaches and Cream Layer Cake)