• Preheat oven to 400°.
• Grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
• In the work bowl of a food processor, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, and
salt, pulsing a few times to mix. Add butter to dry ingredients, pulsing until mixture has the consistency of
cornmeal. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
• Add ginger to mixture, stirring to combine. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine raspberries and remaining 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Add raspberries to mixture, stirring
gently to combine. Set aside.
• In the container of an electric blender, combine eggs and cream, blending well. Pour over flour mixture, and then
cut in with a dull knife. (If mixture seems too dry, add a small amount of cream.) Shape dough into a ball.
• Place dough on a flour-dusted surface, and gently press by hand to a 1-inch thickness.
• Using a 3 1/2-inch-diameter fluted round metal cutter that has been dusted in flour, cut 8 scones from dough, reusing
scraps only once. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet
• Bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 cup
sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest, stirring to blend. Spoon sugar mixture over warm scones, and let dry. (The
lemon will be absorbed by the scone, and the sugar will remain on top.