24 medium shrimp, peeled and
1/4 cup avocado oil
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons minced fresh shallot
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
8 ounces goat cheese
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
12 thin slices French baguette, toasted
• In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, avocado oil, soy sauce,
shallot, cilantro, coriander, and red pepper flakes. Cover, and
refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
• In a medium bowl, combine goat cheese, cream, chives, parsley,
zest, salt, and pepper. Whisk at medium-high speed with an
electric mixer until well combined. Cover, and refrigerate until
ready to use.
• Remove shrimp from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking.
• Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear shrimp until
pink and opaque, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
• Spread or pipe an even layer of goat cheese mixture onto each
baguette slice. Intertwine 2 shrimp per baguette slice, and place
them on top of goat cheese. Serve immediately.