Strawberry Cupcakes are pretty and make perfect party treats.
1¼ cups cake flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
6 tablespoons strawberry preserves
2 large eggs, at room temperature
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Red paste food coloring
¼ cup buttermilk, at room temperature
1 recipe Strawberry Icing (see Download)
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line a (24-well) mini muffin pan with cupcake liners.
• In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda
together. Set aside.
• In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar
at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, approximately 4
minutes. Add preserves and eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add vanilla and
enough food coloring to achieve desired color.
• With mixer at lowest speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter
mixture, alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending
with flour mixture.
• Divide batter evenly among prepared wells of pan.
• Bake until a tester inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out
clean, 12 to 18 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
• Place Strawberry Icing in a pastry bag fitted with a medium
round tip. Pipe icing onto each cupcake.
• Garnish with strawberries, if desired.