These light and crisp phyllo cups are a refreshing treat for summer days.
Downloads:Lemon Mousse Phyllo Cups
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup cold water
¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
½ cup heavy whipping cream
2 (1.9-ounce) boxes mini phyllo shells
Garnish: lemon zest and mint
• In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch,
and salt. Add water, and whisk until sugar and cornstarch are
dissolved. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, and butter.
Whisk constantly over medium heat until mixture boils and
thickens, approximately 6 minutes.
• Remove from heat. Transfer custard to a bowl, and press
plastic wrap onto custard surface. Refrigerate until cool,
approximately 30 minutes.
• In a medium bowl, beat cream at high speed with an electric
mixer until soft peaks form. Add custard, and beat until stiff
peaks form. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
• Spoon lemon mousse into a pastry bag fitted with a medium
round tip. Pipe into fillo shells.
• Garnish with lemon zest and mint, if desired.