1¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
1 large egg
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 recipe Streusel (recipe follows)
Garnish: confectioners’ sugar and fresh blueberries
• Preheat oven to 375°.
• Line the bottom and sides of an 8-x-8-inch pan with aluminum foil, and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg, whisking well. Set aside.
• In another bowl, combine butter and sugar, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon until creamy. Add egg,
stirring well until incorporated. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine milk and vanilla.
• Add flour mixture and milk mixture to butter mixture, stirring until well combined.
• Add blueberries, gently folding in.
• Spread batter into prepared pan, and sprinkle Streusel over top.
• Bake until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes.
• Remove buckle from oven, and cool on a wire rack until slightly warm. Remove buckle from pan by lifting
edges of aluminum foil. Place on cutting board, and cut into 16 squares. Remove any aluminum foil that may
have stuck to buckle squares.
• Serve warm or at room temperature.