Both beautiful and delicious, Raspberry White-Chocolate Mousse Tarts are sure to catch your guests' eyes.
Downloads:Raspberry White-Chocolate Mousse Tarts
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 recipe Raspberry White-Chocolate Mousse (see Download)
Garnish: fresh raspberries and fresh mint
• In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until
creamy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla, beating to combine. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating well to
• Divide dough in half, and wrap each half tightly in plastic wrap.
Refrigerate for 2 hours.
• Preheat oven to 375°.
• Spray a 12-well whoopee pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
• Sprinkle work surface with confectioners’ sugar. Roll each
portion of cold dough to ⅛-inch thickness.
• Using a 3½-inch flower-shaped cookie cutter dipped in
confectioners’ sugar, cut out 12 shapes from dough. Place in wells
of prepared pan. Prick bottom of dough with a fork.
• Bake until edges are lightly browned, approximately 7 minutes.
Let cool in pans for 10 minutes.
• Remove tart shells from pan, and cool completely on wire racks.
• To assemble, lightly sift confectioners’ sugar over tops and
bottoms of tart shells. Spoon Raspberry White-Chocolate
Mousse into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe
mousse into each tart shell.
• Garnish with raspberries and mint, if desired.
Note: Tart shells may be made a day ahead and kept in an airtight
container. Fill shells up to 1 hour before serving. Keep refrigerated
until ready to serve.