Topped with fresh berries, this sweet custard is perfect for summer afternoons.
9 large egg yolks
¾ cup sugar
3 cups heavy whipping cream
5 tablespoons orange blossom honey
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Garnish: fresh berries and honey
• Preheat oven to 275˚.
• Place a clean dish towel in bottom of a baking dish large
enough to accommodate 12 (4-ounce) custard cups. Set
• In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar, whisking to
blend. Set aside.
• In a small saucepan, combine cream, honey, and vanilla. Bring
to a simmer over medium-low heat, but do not boil. Slowly
add cream mixture to egg mixture, whisking constantly.
Skim any foam off top of custard.
• Evenly divide custard mixture among 12 (4-ounce) ovenproof
custard cups. Place custard cups in prepared baking dish. Fill
baking dish with enough water to come halfway up the sides of
the custard dishes.
• Bake until center is set, 40 to 60 minutes.
• Carefully remove custard cups from hot water. Cool on wire
rack for 1 hour.
• Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight. Serve cold.
• Garnish with fresh berries that have been tossed in a little
honey, if desired.