Chive, Bacon, and Blue Cheese Scones are rich and delicious, great for cold winter nights.
Downloads:Chive, Bacon, and Blue Cheese Scones
1½ cups soft-wheat self-rising flour*
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ cup cold butter
6 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
¼ cup cooked chopped bacon (approximately 4 slices)
2 tablespoons chopped chives
½ cup heavy cream
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Using a
pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs.
• Add cheese, bacon, and chives, stirring with a wooden spoon.
• Add cream, stirring until all ingredients are combined and a
soft dough forms. (If dough seems dry and mixture does not
come together, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until
a dough forms.)
• Using a ¼-cup scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking
• Bake until lightly browned, approximately 20 minutes.
• Serve warm.
Note: Can be made early in the day and then warmed in a
conventional oven at 350° for approximately 5 minutes. Do
not reheat in a microwave oven.
*For testing purposes, we used White Lily Enriched Bleached Self-
Rising Flour (whitelily.com).