• Cut ends and tips from okra spears (Step 1). Blot okra dry
with paper towels. Set aside.
• Spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese over each tortilla
• Place 3 or 4 turkey slices over cream-cheese layer of each tortilla
• Spread remaining 2 tablespoons cream cheese over turkey
layer of each tortilla (Step 4).
• Starting at end of tortilla closest to you, place a row of 3 okra
spears (Step 5). Make another row of okra spears next to
the first row (Step 6). Place another 3 spears on top of initial
row (Step 7). Roll up tortilla away from you, pressing firmly
to keep okra spears together (Step 8). End with seam side
• Using a serrated knife, cut off ends of each rolled-up tortilla
to make a neat cylinder approximately 6 inches long (Step
9)*. Cut cylinders into 6 slices (Step 10).
*At this point, cylinders can be wrapped tightly with plastic wrap
and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few
hours. When ready to serve, unwrap, and continue with remaining
Pictured with Ham and Green Tomato Piccalilli Tea Sandwiches