Creamy goat cheese, pesto, and green and black olives are the dominant flavors in this spread.
Downloads:Pesto, Olive, and Goat Cheese Terrine
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, softened
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 (3.5-ounce) jar prepared pesto
1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil
3/4 cup pine nuts, toasted and divided
1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
1 (7-ounce) jar pitted green olives, drained
1/4 cup oil-cured black olives, drained and pitted
1 (4.25-ounce) can chopped black olives, drained
Garnish: pitted green and black olives
• Line a 6-inch round cake pan with plastic wrap, allowing the wrap to hang over the sides. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the cream cheese, goat cheese, and butter until creamy. Set aside.
• In a food processor, combine the prepared pesto, basil, pine nuts, cheese, olive oil, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Pulse until combined. Set aside.
• In a food processor, combine the remaining ½ teaspoon garlic and olives, and pulse until combined but still chunky.
• Spread one-fourth of the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread half of the pesto mixture on top of cheese, then top pesto with another fourth of the cream cheese mixture. Top with half of the olive mixture. Repeat process, ending with olive mixture.
• Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, approximately 2 hours.
• To serve, pull terrine from pan, using excess plastic wrap. Remove plastic wrap.
• Garnish with pitted green and black olives, if desired.