1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
Garnish: Creamy Lemon Curd (see Download) and fresh blueberries
• In the work bowl of a food processor, combine flour,
confectioners’ sugar, sugar, and salt, pulsing to blend. Add
butter and vanilla extract, pulsing until dough comes together
in a ball. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Using your hands,
shape dough portions into 10-inch-long ropes. Set aside.
• Place 2 (12-x-2-inch) sheets plastic wrap on work surface.
Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar.
• Place a dough rope on each prepared sheet, and roll in sugar to
coat. Wrap each dough portion in plastic wrap, twisting ends to
seal. Refrigerate until dough is very hard, 6 to 8 hours.
• Preheat oven to 325°.
• Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Cut cold dough into ¼-inch slices, and place on prepared baking
• Bake until cookie edges are light golden brown, 12 to 13
minutes. Let cool on wire racks.
• Garnish the top of each cookie with ¼ teaspoon Creamy
Lemon Curd and a blueberry, if desired.
Pictured with Creamy Lemon Curd