Rosemary and fontina cheese make these canapés a smoky, flavorful bite.
Downloads:Smoked Turkey and Fontina Canapés
12 slices whole-wheat bread
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups shredded fontina cheese
¾ cup sour cream
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
½ pound thinly sliced smoked turkey
24 thin slices seedless cucumber
24 thin slices radish
Garnish: fresh parsley
• Preheat oven to 450°.
• Using a 2½-inch round cutter, cut 24 circles from bread
slices, discarding scraps. Brush both sides of circles with
melted butter. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Place another
rimmed baking sheet on top of prepared bread to flatten
bread during baking.
• Bake until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove top baking
sheet and transfer bread rounds to wire racks to let cool
• In a small bowl, combine fontina cheese, sour cream, cream
cheese, and rosemary. Beat at medium speed with an electric
mixer until well combined. Spread a thin layer of cheese mixture
on top of each bread round. Divide turkey among prepared
bread rounds. Top each with a slice of cucumber and a slice of
• Place remaining cheese mixture in a pastry bag fitted with a
medium star tip. Pipe cheese mixture onto top of each slice of
• Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.