Pumpkin Pound Cake is a perfect addition to any fall meal.
Downloads:Pumpkin Pound Cake
3 cups sugar
1½ cups butter, softened
7 large eggs
¾ cup pumpkin purée
3½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin-pie spice, divided
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Garnish: pumpkin seeds
• Preheat oven to 300°.
• Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with
flour. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat at medium
speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time,
beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin purée, beating
until well combined. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, sift together flour, 2 teaspoons pumpkin
pie spice, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter
mixture, alternately with cream, beginning and ending with
flour mixture. Add vanilla extract, beating to combine. Spoon
batter into prepared pan.
• Bake for 1 hour. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake
until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, an
additional 45 to 55 minutes.
• Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack, and
let cool completely.
• In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, milk, and
remaining 1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice. Drizzle on top of
• Garnish with pumpkin seeds, if desired.