Downloads:Candy Corn Trifles
¾ cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1½ cups half-and-half
3 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
½ cup butter, cut into pieces
¼ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Orange food coloring
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
2 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers, chopped
Garnish: candy corn
• In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
Add half-and-half, egg yolks, and orange zest, whisking to
combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 1
minute, whisking constantly.
• Remove from heat, and gradually add butter, a piece at a time,
whisking until butter melts. Add sour cream and vanilla extract,
stirring to combine. Add food coloring, one drop at a time, until
desired color is reached. Let mixture slightly cool. Cover, and
refrigerate until cold, approximately 2 hours.
• In a medium bowl, combine cream, cream cheese, and confectioners’
sugar. Beat at medium-high speed with an electric
mixer until smooth.
• In small trifle dishes, layer ladyfingers, orange custard, and
• Garnish with candy corn, if desired.