2¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, cut into pieces
1 cup chopped glazed walnuts*
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
¼ cup pure maple syrup
½ teaspoon maple flavoring
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
1 recipe Cinnamon Cream
• Preheat oven to 375°.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture
is crumbly. Add walnuts, stirring well to mix. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine 1 cup cream, maple syrup, and maple
flavoring. Add cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until
dry ingredients are moistened. (If mixture seems dry, add more
cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.)
• On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to ½-inch thickness.
Using a 3-inch maple-leaf-shaped cutter, cut scones from
dough, and place on prepared baking sheets. Brush scones
with remaining 1 tablespoon cream, and sprinkle with turbinado
• Bake until lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
• Serve warm with Cinnamon Cream.
*For testing purposes, we used Emerald glazed walnuts.
Pictured with Cinnamon Cream