This beautiful soup not only tastes spectacular but looks beautiful, as well.
Downloads:Carrot and Parsnip Soup
¼ cup butter
2 cups chopped onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 cups grated carrot
3 cups grated parsnip
1 cup chopped celery
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons sugar
1¼ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground white pepper
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup sour cream
Garnish: carrot curls, parsnip curls, carrot leaves
• In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until
melted. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring
• Add carrot, parsnip, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring
• Add chicken broth, coriander, sugar, salt, garlic powder, and
white pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and
simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
• Puree in blender until smooth. Return puree to saucepan over
medium heat. Add cream and sour cream, whisking until
smooth. Cook until heated through, approximately 2 minutes.
• Garnish individual servings with carrot curls, parsnip curls,
and carrot leaves, if desired.