Filled with Cream Cheese Frosting, these cakes are a rich fall dessert.
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2½ cups all-purpose flour
2½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon salt
1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting (see Download)
Garnish: decorative skewers or picks
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line an 18-x-12-x-1-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract at medium speed with an electric mixer
until ingredients are well mixed. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, and salt, whisking
until well blended.
• Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, beating until just combined. Pour batter onto prepared baking sheet, smoothing
with an offset spatula.
• Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 18 minutes. Let cool in pan. Freeze for 4 hours.
• Using a 1½-inch round cutter, cut as many circles from frozen cake as possible, avoiding edges. Slice frozen cake circles
in half horizontally. Set aside.
• Place Cream Cheese Frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip. Pipe frosting onto bottom halves of
cake circles. Top with remaining cake halves. Pipe a star on top of each mini cake.
• Garnish each mini cake with a decorative skewer or pick, if desired.