• Preheat oven to 375°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder,
apple-pie spice, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter
until mixture is crumbly. Add apple, stirring to combine.
• Add ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons cream, stirring just until dry
ingredients are moistened. (If mixture seems dry, add more
cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.)
• On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough into an 8-inch
circle. Cut into 6 wedges. Repeat process with remaining
• Place scones on prepared baking sheet. Brush with remaining
1 tablespoon cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
• Bake until lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
• Serve warm with Vanilla Bean Cream, if desired.
*For testing purposes, we used Gluten Free Pantry all-purpose flour
(glutino.com). Using another brand may yield different results. Sift
or whisk flour before measuring.