1¼ cups pumpkin purée
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1½ teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
6 cups baby arugula
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 recipe Cheese Crisps (see Download)
• In a large bowl, combine pumpkin purée, eggs, and yolk,
whisking well. Add flour, parsley, sage, nutmeg, and ½
teaspoon salt, stirring to combine. Set aside.
• In a large stockpot, bring water to a hard boil over high heat.
Place a colander over the pot of boiling water. Working in
batches, press batter through holes of colander until top of
water is full of bobbing spaetzle. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then
scoop out spaetzle, and place in a bowl. Repeat with remaining
• In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add
spaetzle, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper, stirring to
combine. Set aside, and keep warm.
• In a medium bowl, toss together arugula, olive oil, remaining
½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon pepper until well
• Place approximately ½ cup arugula in a serving dish, and top
with spaetzle and Cheese Crisps.
Pictured with Cheese Crisps