This Fudge Cake is delicious and perfect for a Hanukkah celebration.
16 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
1¾ cups unsalted butter, divided
¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
7 tablespoons sour cream
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Garnish: white and blue dragées
• Preheat oven to 325°.
• Spray an 8-inch square, straight- sided baking pan with nonstick
baking spray with flour. Set aside.
• In a medium microwavable bowl, combine 8 ounces chocolate,
14 tablespoons butter, and brown sugar. Heat at medium
power in a microwave oven, in 30-second intervals, until
melted. Let cool for 3 minutes.
• Add sour cream, eggs, and vanilla, stirring to combine. Add
flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk well until
mixture is smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
• Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean,
50 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to
a wire rack on top of a baking sheet to cool completely.
• In a medium microwavable bowl, combine sweetened condensed
milk, remaining 8 ounces chocolate, and remaining
14 tablespoons butter. Heat at medium power in a microwave
oven, in 30-second intervals, until melted and smooth. Let
chocolate mixture cool for 5 minutes. Slowly pour icing over
top of cake.
• Garnish with white and blue dragées, if desired.