Arugula and smoked salmon-topped potato and leek latkes are a wonderful addition to the tea table.
Downloads:Latkes and Smoked Salmon
¾ pound red creamer potatoes, coarsely grated and squeezed dry
2 cups finely chopped leeks
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1½ teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 cups baby arugula
1½ tablespoons avocado oil
1 (4-ounce) package smoked salmon, cut into 24 long slices
• Pat potatoes dry with paper towels.
• In a large bowl, combine potatoes, leeks, and flour, tossing
gently to combine. Add lime juice, egg, yolk, 1 teaspoon salt,
1 teaspoon black pepper, and red pepper flakes, stirring to combine.
• In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high
heat. Drop potato mixture by heaping tablespoons into
hot skillet. Cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Use
remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil as needed to cook remaining
potato mixture in batches. Drain latkes on paper towels.
Set aside, and keep warm.
• In a medium bowl, toss arugula, avocado oil, remaining ½
teaspoon salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon black pepper until
• Top each latke with approximately ¼ cup arugula and a slice
of smoked salmon. Serve immediately.