Candied Fruit Scones are a fun and festive way to celebrate the holiday season.
Downloads:Candied Fruit Scones
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
2 tablespoons cold cream cheese
8 ounces mixed candied fruit
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons half-and-half, divided
¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and
salt, whisking to remove any lumps. Using a pastry blender,
cut butter and cream cheese into flour mixture until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs. Add candied fruit, stirring
to combine. Add 1 cup half-and-half, stirring just until dry
ingredients are moistened. (If mixture seems dry, add more
half-and-half, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.)
• On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 1-inch-thick
square. Cut into 12 squares. Place scones on prepared baking
• Bake until lightly golden, 11 to 14 minutes. Cool completely
• In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and remaining
2 tablespoons half-and-half, whisking until smooth. Drizzle
over cooled scones.