Smoked salmon, spinach, goat cheese, and basil pesto are surrounded by layers of flaky puff pastry.
1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry, thawed
1 1/2 (4-ounce) packages smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 (6-ounce) packages baby spinach, roughly chopped
1 (3/4-ounce) package fresh basil, thinly sliced
4 ounces goat cheese
2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
Garnish: additional thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
• Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
• Lay puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut each sheet into
thirds along the folds, and cut each third into three even squares.
Place squares on the prepared baking sheets.
• Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack
• Cut a square in the center of each pastry square, leaving a 1/2-inch
border. Push center down to create an opening. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, toss together the salmon, spinach, and basil until
well combined. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, stir together the goat cheese and pesto until mixture
is uniform. Divide mixture among pastry squares, spreading
in the bottoms. Divide salmon-spinach mixture among prepared
• Garnish with additional basil, if desired.