Jazz up your basic ham sandwiches with the addition of radishes and a tasty cream cheese spread.
Downloads:Ham–and–Radish Tea Sandwiches Recipe
12 thin slices wheat sandwich bread
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh horseradish
1/2 pound thinly sliced ham
10 radishes, thinly sliced
Garnish: fresh chives
• Using a 2 1/2-inch square cutter, cut each slice of bread into a
square, avoiding crusts. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, chives, lemon zest,
and horseradish, mixing until well combined. Set aside.
• Stack 2 to 3 slices ham. Using the same 2 1/2-inch square cutter, cut
2 squares from each stack of ham.
• Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on each piece of
bread, and top each with a square of ham. Cut squares in half, and
top each rectangle with 3 slices radish.
• Garnish with fresh chives, if desired.