Try this elegant variation on shrimp and grits at your next party.
Downloads:Herbed Shrimp on Grits Cakes Recipe
3 cups instant grits
1/4 cup butter
1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
2 pounds (16- to 18-count) fresh shrimp, tails on, deveined
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• Cook grits according to package directions. Stir in the butter
and Gruyère. Pour the mixture onto a jelly-roll pan, cover with
plastic wrap, and refrigerate until set, approximately 2 hours.
• Using a 2-inch fluted round cutter, cut rounds from grits. Set
• In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, dill, parsley,
chives, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat well.
• Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and
cook until pink. Remove from heat. Top each grits cake with 1
• Garnish with microgreens, if desired. Serve immediately.