12 thin slices pancetta
1 recipe Sun-Dried Tomato Aïoli (see download)
24 thin French baguette slices
24 (1-inch-square) pieces Gouda cheese
24 (1-inch-square) pieces thinly sliced smoked turkey, rolled into cylinders
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• Unwind each slice of pancetta into a long strip. Cut each strip
in half, and tightly roll each strip into a rosette.
• In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the pancetta rosettes
until crisp, turning often to brown each side. Transfer to a
plate lined with paper towels to drain, and set aside.
• Preheat oven to 400°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside. Spread approximately
1 teaspoon Sun-Dried Tomato Aïoli on each baguette slice, then top each with a piece of cheese.
Place the baguette slices on the prepared baking sheet.
• Bake until the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
• Top each sandwich with a roll of turkey, a prepared pancetta rosette, and a piece of tomato. Sprinkle evenly
with salt and pepper.
• Garnish with microgreens, if desired. Serve immediately.