2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped fennel
1 cup chopped leek
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped
spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (17.5-ounce) package frozen puff pastry
• In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, heat butter and olive oil, until butter is melted. Add fennel, leek, garlic salt, and pepper; sauté 6 minutes, or until tender. Add spinach; sauté 3 minutes. Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese, stirring until melted.
• Roll one puff pastry sheet into a 13-x-11-inch rectangle. Spread half of spinach mixture over pastry, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
• Beginning with the long side, roll up, jellyroll style. Repeat procedure with remaining puff pastry and spinach mixture. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; chill 2 hours, or up to 2 days, if desired.
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Lightly grease baking sheets. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch thick slices and place on prepared sheets.
• Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.