1 (2-pound) pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 French baguette, sliced
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 recipe Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
(see download for recipe)
Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
• Preheat oven to 350°. Trim skin and excess fat from pork tenderloin.
• In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture on outside of pork loin. Place in roasting pan and roast 1 hour, or until meat thermometer inserted in center reaches 145° or desired degree of doneness. Cool completely, and slice thinly.
• Cut baguette into 24 (1/2-inch) slices. Brush both sides of each slice with melted butter. Place on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes, or until golden around edges.
• In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and thyme. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over all baguette slices. Layer prepared baguette slices with pork slices, and top with Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage.
• Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs, if desired.