Dried figs, sweet honey, and chopped toasted walnuts are the star ingredients in this delectable scone.
Downloads:Fig Honey Scone
2 1/2 cups sifted bread flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dried figs
1/2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
• Preheat oven to 400˚.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Add figs and walnuts, tossing gently to combine.
• In a small bowl, combine honey and 2 tablespoons cream, stirring to combine. Add honey mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. (If mixture seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.)
• On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to a 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch square cutter, cut 12 scones. Place on prepared baking sheet.
• Brush tops with remaining 2 tablespoons cream.
• Bake until light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.