Plums and creamy Brie are decadently wrapped in warm pastry and topped with caramel sauce making this dessert stunning and delicious.
8 red plums
7 ounces Brie cheese
1 1/2 (15-ounce) packages
prepared pie dough
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1/8 teaspoon salt
• Preheat oven to 350˚. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
• Using a paring knife, remove the pits from the plums by cutting a hole through the tops of the plums, being careful not to cut through the bottom.
• Using a 3/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut Brie into rounds, and place 1 Brie round into the opening of each plum.
• Unroll pie dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Working with one plum at a time, wrap one strip of dough around the plum from top to bottom, trimming ends as necessary. Wrap a second strip of dough perpendicular to the first. Repeat with two additional strips, fully covering the plum.
• Roll a dime-size piece of dough into a ball, and press it to the top of the plum.
• Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake until plum is soft and crust is golden, approximately 25 minutes.
• In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, cream, and salt; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved. Pour sauce over each plum cushion. Serve immediately.