2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 recipe Clotted Cream with Flower Confetti (see download)
• Preheat oven to 425°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and
salt. Mix well. Using pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until
crumbly. Add sugar, stirring to combine. Add cream, stirring
with fork just until combined.
• Shape dough into a ball. Knead on a lightly floured surface
until smooth and elastic, 10 to 12 times. Cut dough in half.
• On lightly floured surface, press or roll each dough half into a
6-inch circle. Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Place on prepared
• Bake until tops are medium brown, 8 to 12 minutes. Cool on
• Serve with Clotted Cream with Flower Confetti, if desired.