Shortbread cookies are always a favorite, and when enhanced with Parmesan and pecans, they become even better.
Downloads:Parmesan and Pecan Shortbread
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 cup chilled unsalted butter, diced
24 pecan halves, lightly toasted
• In the work bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, Parmesan,
black pepper, salt, and red pepper. Pulse to combine. Add
the butter, and pulse until a soft dough forms. Shape the dough
into a disk, and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until
firm, approximately 2 hours.
• Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
• On a lightly floured surface, roll cold dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
Using a 1 3/4-inch fluted round cutter, cut as many cookies as possible.
Reroll scraps no more than twice.
• Place cookies on the prepared baking sheet. Gently press a pecan
half on each cookie.
• Bake until light golden brown, approximately 15 minutes. Cool
on the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for
up to 1 week.