Rosemary, lemon, and sugared orange zest combine to form a mouthwatering dessert.
Downloads:Miniature Rosemary-Citrus Pound Cakes Recipe
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup softened unsalted butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons water
Garnish: sugared orange zest
• Preheat oven to 325º.
• Spray 12 (4-inch) Bundt pans with baking spray. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, sift together the flour, rosemary, lemon zest, salt,
and baking powder. Set aside.
• In a separate large bowl and using an electric mixer at high speed,
beat together the butter and shortening until light and fluffy,
approximately 6 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to medium, and
gradually add the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well
after each addition.
• In a medium bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice, and let
stand for 5 minutes.
• Alternately add the flour mixture and milk mixture to the butter
mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Divide
the batter evenly among the prepared pans. Tap pans against the
counter to release any trapped air bubbles.
• Bake for 35 minutes, then cover pans with aluminum foil, and
bake until a wooden pick inserted near the centers comes out
clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
• Cool the cakes in pans for 20 minutes. Remove from pans, and
transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the marmalade and
water. Microwave on HIGH in 30-second intervals until melted.
Pour the marmalade glaze evenly over the pound cakes.
• Garnish with sugared orange zest, if desired.