Beautifully presented, this delectable tart is a showstopper at any event.
Downloads:Peach-Ricotta Tart with Rosemary-Cornmeal Crust Recipe
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons ice-cold water
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 large egg
3 peaches, sliced
3 tablespoons peach preserves
Garnish: fresh rosemary
• In the work bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, cornmeal,
rosemary, 1 tablespoon sugar, and baking powder. Pulse to combine.
Add the butter, and pulse until mixture is the consistency of
coarse meal. Slowly add the water, and pulse until mixture begins
to come together. (Dough will be crumbly.) Wrap dough in plastic
wrap, and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
• Remove dough from refrigerator, and let sit at room temperature
until pliable, 20 to 30 minutes.
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Place dough on a lightly floured surface, and roll into a 12-inch
round. Press dough into a 9-inch round tart pan with a removable
• Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
• In medium bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, and remaining 1/4 cup
sugar, and stir well to thoroughly combine. Pour filling into the
baked tart dough.
• Bake until set, 25 to 28 minutes. Cool completely.
• Top cooled tart with peach slices.
• In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the peach preserves in a microwave
oven on High until thin and liquefied, approximately 15 seconds.
Brush tart with melted peach preserves.
• Garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired.