Makes 24 cookies
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/4 cup chopped pecans, untoasted
Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
• In a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, butter flavoring, and salt.
• Using a mixer at medium speed, gradually sift in flour to form a stiff dough. Add all pecans, and blend.
• Turn dough out onto a sheet of wax paper; roll into an even rectangular-shaped log. Freeze until needed.
• Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
• Slice dough into 1/4-inch squares. Place on prepared baking sheets.
• Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
Note: The dough can be frozen up to a month.